On this episode of The Principles of Fitness Podcast we welcome another member of the Institute of Motion family, Derrick Price. Derrick has had a passion for helping people for years but his curiosity for human movement has led him through an incredible journey in health and fitness. He has taught courses for the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), PTA Global, and now he works as a Programming Officer for The Institute of Motion. During this interview Derrick and I discuss:
- How he got to be a part of the IoM team.
- Getting burnt out with fitness and how his curiosity reignited his passion.
- The role of the health coach and where it sits on the health care continuum.
- Why fitness does not sustainable for longterm health.
- Effective active listening.
- And more!
I had such an awesome time with Derrick and I hope you enjoy hearing from one of the industry greats!
Check Derrick out at instituteofmotion.com
Instagram Derrick Price